From the Journals of Leopold Malando
The party looted Abelia Prem’s library. They are a gang of filthy and illiterate peasants, unqualified to appraise what they took. So they asked their alchemist friend to inspect the volumes.
In addition to the silver, they will get adventure hooks:
- The journal has a detailed survey of a monastery, named San Michele, in Corsica. The characters have heard rumors of a secret Templar fortune hidden there, and there is an “old vault” on the map.
- There is a forest outside Piacenza where a herd of unicorns live. Malando and company went there. Their first “virgin” apparently was not, but a second lured unicorns to them. One unicorn evaded their trap when a henchman spooked it, but they caught another. They slaughtered the creature and ate it’s flesh. The Duke of Parma paid a fine sum of gold for the horn.
- The Lady of Mantua collects icons painted by the Feuillants. Those who present her with one are often given further employment.
- In a hidden grotto off Gavia Pass, there grows an unusual patch of mushrooms. If you saturate the earth with the blood of a salamander, then over the next several months the mushrooms will develop red spots. Eating the red-spotted mushrooms confers resistance to fire damage.
- An enemy of Malando fled into a quarantined area during the Great Plague of Milan and died there. At the time he had a valuable item (stolen from Malando.) That item has never been recovered. Malando suspects it is still hidden somewhere in the vicinity.